Real Estate Survey 2005 Results
Realestate.com, owned by Lending Tree just released the results from their survey of 500 home sellers and 100 real estate agents.
1) 37% of surveyed sellers sold their house for the full list price.
Yet, Sellers and agents agree that the asking price of the home should be set at 5% – 10% above what the seller needs to net from the sale.
2) 41% of agents recommend budgeting 2-3 months for your home to sell. 60% of sellers reported that their home sold in the first 30 days on the market.
3) 48% of sellers and 40% of agents said the local School System is the most important factor buyers consider when shopping for a home.
4) Buyers consider the Kitchen the most important room in the house.
5) Cleaning Everything is the most important factor when getting your house ready to show.
6) Enhancing and maintaining the lawn and landscape is the top priority for the exterior of your home before you sell.