Tips for Holding a Successful Open House
For Sale Signs are popping up like tulips and National Open House Weekend is This Saturday and Sunday.
Every home seller should take advantage of the tremendous amount of buyer traffic that will be on the street this weekend. The Realtors Association is doing the advertising for you. Don’t pass up the opportunity to show off your home, too!!
What Time Should You Hold Your Home Open?
- Open your home to the public for 3 hours, both Saturday and Sunday. On Sunday, don’t start before 1:00.
Idea’s for Advertising and Marketing Your Open House.
- Place an ad in your Newspaper Classified real estate section. Check to see if your local paper has a special Open House section, many do. You should run your ad the morning of the Open House and if budget allows, run your ad a few days in advance of the Open House.
- Edit your InfoTube ad and include the date and time of your Open House on your free internet ad. Be sure to remove the dates from your ad, once the event has past.
- After editing your ad to include your Open House date, Print new brochures with the date and time, then refill your InfoTube. (Tip: Make sure you print plenty of brochures to hand out at your Open House.)
- Open House Directional Signs. Nothing boosts attendance as much as directional signs placed at all key intersections and the routes traveled to reach your home. You can purchase directional Arrow and Open House signs at most major home centers. Please collect all signs after your Open House to avoid possible citations. Many towns consider left over signs as “littering”, after the event has passed.
- Attract more attention. Purchase an Open House sign for a few dollars at your local hardware store. Tie brightly colored balloons to the sign the day of the event.
- Post your Open House on OpenHouse.com. Place a post on Craigslist. Send out an email. Use the internet to gain as much attention as possible.
Tomorrow we will address Setting the Stage for the perfect Open House. Topics will include setting the scene, staging, how to give a tour, how to work with buyers and much more….so please check back in with us!
Thank you for visiting InfoTube.net. Get outside after work today and start sprucing up that front yard. Nothing draws buyers like great curb appeal.